The logistics position is customer facing, excellent interpersonal skills are essential. The candidate is responsible for the coordination of all domestic shipments and acts as the primary contact person between the Company and Freight providers.
The candidate coordinates the scheduling of carriers, traces shipments and special deliveries, confirms all outgoing shipments as well as processing all other essential paperwork. This position works with freight forwarding companies to coordinate export shipments and files necessary customs and trade paperwork.
Compensation is 75k
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Computer Skills, including email, customer and carrier portals, document creation, shipping software
- Providing routing information and issuing shipping instructions to ensure deliveries arrive on time and to their correct location. You will also be responsible for tracking goods on the route to their destination, ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved to avoid delays.
- Coordinates Returned Material Authorization (RMA) process with Customer Care.
- Review open customer orders, create pick worksheets on an as needed basis to efficiently meet the customer shipping schedule and satisfy the requested ship dates.
- Processes freight claims relating to damaged shipments.
- Arranges routings (according to customer preference) and contacts carriers for outbound freight.
- Effectively lead cross-functional root cause and corrective action to resolve customer-related shipping issues.
- Advises Customer Service and Export Departments of any problems which may involve a shipment problem, error, missed shipment, etc.
- Advises supervisor of problems related to the department.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training.
- Common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Knows how to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Internet software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- International experience is a must have.
- Good at problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.