The Applications Engineer responds to inquiries from the organization’s sales force or customers about the technical aspects of the organization’s products and services. Leads technical training about product selection, performance, and troubleshooting. Reviews engineering specifications and generates proposals. Develops skills and knowledge of the organization’s products and services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 2+ years of experience
- Relevant industry experience (pumps, valves, system design, rotating equipment, etc.) desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- Ability to professionally interact with customers on technical topics
- A self-starter with ability to problem solve and anticipate and avoid issues
- Clear, concise, and articulate communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win
- Ability to select a pump and/or accessories based on application requirements
- Ability to analyze a mechanical system and provide technical guidance for operation and troubleshooting
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to sales team and channel partners for selection, configuration, and quotation of products.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for channel partners and end users.
- Conducts technical training of internal team members, channel partners, and other industry participants, such as EPCs, consultants, and end users.
- Provides technical support in marketing activities such as: creation of market literature, preparing for and supporting trade shows, industry events and PSG product training and customer events.
- Conduct market research through trade associations, internet investigation and corporate services.
- Knowledge of products in detail including the operating principles and performance characteristics.
- Proficient in company processes and policies pertaining to role.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and their activity in the market place and provide reports, on a regular basis.
- Investigate market needs for innovative products and communicate them to Product Management as opportunities for product development.
- Other duties as assigned