The Supervisor position is responsible for executing a tactical strategy that moves the organization toward the short-term strategic objectives. The Supervisor focuses on safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and people development while driving continuous improvement through the Management System and Hoshin execution. This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Ensure team members understand and follow all safety policies creating a safe culture for all Operations team members and visitors.
- Tactical execution to improve safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost, and to develop team members.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to the team members using the Chari Performance System (CPS).
- Establish and maintain a proactive tempo of problem solving addressing and/or identifying difficult and complex situations.
- Solving daily struggles by conducting root-cause analysis with the goal of finding countermeasures that resolve the problem and best serves the Customer.
- Support the execution and deployment of a lean culture.
- Define, implement, and insure all required visual management tools are in place and being used.
- Foster a customer focused, results oriented, and high-performance environment.
- Support the launch of new products by partnering with Engineering teams to ensure new products and upgrades are brought to market quickly, meet customer quality requirements, and support company’s profitability goals.
- Write and maintain operational controls that are deployed effectively to drive process and equipment efficiencies.
- Identify opportunities to reduce both process and product costs.
- Analyze workforce capacity to meet customer demand.
- Work with Human Resources and Leadership to identify the developmental needs of team members.
- Create and execute plans for the department, and individuals in the department, to support learning needs.
- Maintain areas to a 5S standards while always being “tour ready.”
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years leading in operations environments or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of two years leading and furthering a lean culture that utilizes lean methodologies and tools.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Effective leader of people who can articulate a vision that inspires and motivates followership.
- Able to build trusting relationships with Operations team members and leaders across the organization.
- Proven experience developing and coaching direct reports with a focus on results, lean thinking, and people development.
- Efficient in using common computer programs like Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience using ERP systems.