Working with Executive Leadership, creates an environment where the company attracts, develops and retains the talent needed to deliver the company’s mission. Establishes and maintains Human Resource policies to ensure the company remains in compliance with all Federal, State and local employment laws.
- Establish and build a recruiting and onboarding capability to support the company’s growth plans.
- Identify and manage the staffing and recruitment process. Develop and execute best practices for hiring, including job postings, recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding.
- Conduct research and analysis of HR trends including review of reports and metrics from the company’s human resource information system (HRIS) and make recommendations to Executive Leadership.
- Support Executive Leadership in the development and implementation of a winning culture. Lead employee communication efforts including all-staff meetings, etc.
- Liaise with Human Resource vendors including benefit providers, HRM and consultants.
- Review opportunities for leverage such as PEOs and make recommendations to Executive Leadership.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, and initiatives to support HR compliance and strategy needs.
- Administer HR programs including but not limited to, compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices to Executive Leadership; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to Executive Leadership.
- Partner with Executive Leadership to ensure strategic HR goals are aligned with business initiatives.
- Develop and implement departmental budget.
- Facilitate professional development, training and certification for HR staff.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience is required.
- Effective verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring and employee relations.
- Experience with analyzing data to guide strategic employment planning.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the company’s HRIS and talent management system.