- Preparation of monthly financial statements, analyzing variances vs forecasts and prior year.
- Upload and input monthly and yearly results into the Company financial system. Review and correct any variance that arises prior to submission.
- Responsible for various monthly account reconciliation, identifying and correcting any reconciling items that arise.
- Lead and direct the month-end close process with appropriate analysis and application of proper accounting principles. Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintain intercompany ledgers, enter monthly balances into the financial system, and work with other divisions when differences arise.
- Maintain a fixed asset system, including yearly fixed asset physical inventory.
- Monitor notices from various states to make sure all filings are up to date. Investigate and resolve issues where appropriate.
- Monitor, report and pay commissions to salespeople and Reps accurately.
- Take the lead on quarterly audits. Assist with information requests from internal and external auditors.
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Provide back-up to Accounts Payable, credit and collections, and Payroll.
Required skills:Tracking Budget Expenses
- Variance Analysis, Motivating Others
- Attention to Detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and QuickBooks
- Avalara Sales Tax, and others where appropriate
- BA in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance
- 7 + years’ experience in accounting
- Knowledge of Lien laws.