The Buyer is responsible for on-me-delivery and inventory management, as well as supporting cost avoidance and supply chain risk mitigation initiatives across the business. The individual’s primary responsibility is to ensure the availability of purchased parts, components, assemblies, and services to satisfy Customer Orders. The role requires a self-motivated, positive, individual with very strong tactical abilities, an eagerness to learn and a significant sense of urgency, willing and able to interact at all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage up to $5M annual spend and perform tactical execution of ERP review, including inventory levels, safety stock, and create deviations as necessary based on the needs of the business.
- Receive PO requests (finished goods, parts, tooling or samples), issue them to the suppliers, ensure suppliers ship POs on-me and complete, and coordinate expediting PO s.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the planning department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Manage procurement data integrity for assigned parts.
- Work with domestic and international suppliers to ensure on time delivery, pricing accuracy, etc.
- Work with Category Managers and Supply Chain Director to achieve company objectives.
- Conform to all ISO 9001 policies and procedures, Company Code of Ethics, and Company Purchasing Policies.
- Actively seek and implement opportunities for cost reductions, quality improvements, and speed of delivery with suppliers for the overall benefit of the company and our customers.
- Achieve product and commodity knowledge to understand the relationship to supplier technology, capabilities, processes, and capacities.
- Professionally resolve problems (both internal and external) in a fair and ethical manner.
- Other dues as assigned
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in purchasing/materials/supply chain management
- Bachelor’s Degree – Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field
- Professional certification CPSM, CPM, CPIM, CIRM (preferred)
- Strong ERP systems user/knowledge of Oracle (or similar) and MS Office applications (Advanced Excel: VLOOKUP, Pivots Tables)
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently Ability to think both tactically and strategically
- Ability and willingness to work in a global environment comprised of both domestic and offshore suppliers
- Exceptional time management skills
- Experience or education with Kanban systems and other lean manufacturing techniques Strong people skills and adaptable to change
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win, self-starter with ability to problem solve, anticipate, and avoid issues
- Strong attention to detail, hands-on and strive to execute
- Interfaces with wide array of individuals, able to influence