The HR Generalist is a key member of the leadership team for a $130 million division (business unit) of a large multi-national industrial leader based in the Midwestern United States.
The HR Generalist will be part of the local HR leadership team and will be accountable for facilitating and executing company HR policies and programs, talent management, organizational strategy, and employee relations in support of the overall business objectives of the organization and the Global HR team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the HR Team and provides business support which aligns with HR best practices and company objectives.
- Working with the HR Director, assist in leading the site’s Human Resources function, ensuring accurate interpretation and administration of HR policies and programs and engages in the day- to-day Human Resources functions, specifically related to but not limited to employee and labor relations, HR processes, rewards & recognition, talent management, and workforce planning.
- Drive performance- based culture.
- Build and foster an effective working relationship with employees, supervisors, managers, leadership team, and HR Team.
- Assist in business development strategy and formulate local HR strategy in conjunction with HR Director
- Provide coaching, change management support, and guide managers and employees through action or influence to support career development, business decision making, and performance management.
- Administers and updates compensation program, monitors performance review program, responsible for locational reporting, and other business support requirements.
- Maintains collaborative partnerships with the Global HR Team for effectiveness and may lead specialized projects and/or services.
- Monitor key trends, assists in proposing solutions.
- With assistance of HR administrator, deliver high quality day-to-day HR administrative duties including: new hire orientations, benefits administration, onboarding, off-boarding, communications, and wellness events. Administer and coordinate leave of absences and disability management programs.
- Support Talent acquisition and recruitment efforts.
- Administer compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations for employment law including but not limited to labor, compensation, EEO and ADA, and affirmative action planning.
- Promote a positive work environment through communications and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity; manage sensitive issues, anticipate and resolve matters expeditiously and discretely.
- Manage union relations and the grievance process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Human Resources or similar discipline as Business Administration with 0-3 years HR experience.
- Understanding of Federal labor law and compliance. (Michigan state employment law experience preferred but not required)
- Ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving and critical/analytical thinking skills; and organized with long-term outlook in any decision
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage a variety tasks to achieve results.
- Maintains a professional, collaborative demeanor in performing duties adhering to strict confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Microsoft Office and HRIS system proficiency
- Domestic mobility (i.e. ability to relocate domestically for future assignments)
- Preferred experience with SAP Success Factors
- Preferred experience with ADP HRB and ADP Time & Attendance
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks; strong attention to detail
- Flexible and embraces change to foster success
- Strong team player, with high work ethic, ambition and commitment to win